Kopi satu!

Not that I'm an avid coffee drinker. But that's the drink I want to enjoy on a rainy day. I was already a coffee drinker when I was still a kid. The black but sweetened coffee, not nescafe. But, when I started to have children, the drink was switched to Milo (2 tablespoon milo + 3 tablespoon powder milk and I was particular about this measurement). I was also particular about caffein in coffee and the chemical content of tea which they said hampered the absorption of iron in the body. Now, I don't care. As long as I drink moderately, not more than 12 cups a day, I really don't care. I must have my 'kopi tarik kurang manis' every morning when in school or at the Mamak but I seldom order the 'Kopi-O'.

Weekend mornings, if I don't go back to sleep after subuh (which is seldom). The coffee maker was bought more than 10 years ago. When we moved to our present house, it was kept in the cabinet and forgotten until last year. That revives the interest in brewed coffee again. "Kat bawah ni, jenis-jenis kopi yang I ada at home. Sesapa yang I kenal pergi overseas tu (Sabah and Sarawak pun) kalau you dont mind, bolehla belikan I sepaket local coffee kat sana ya?"Thanks in advance.
I bought this from a friendly shop assistant during my midnite transit in Hawaii. To me, it's expensive but the taste is not that..u know, outstanding. I bought it because I wanted to 'rasa kopi hawaii'. By the way, I have just searched for some info on Kona Coffee. I didn't know that it was one of the most expensive coffees in the world! It is grown on the mineral rich volcanic slopes of the Mauna Loa, the largest volcano on earth. Now, now, should I reverse my opinion on this coffee after knowing its status? he,he,he! 

Next, the Vietnamese coffee. I bought 3 kinds and I like this best. The priciest of the three, of course, but  less expensive than the Balinese coffee luwak. It costs RM30/kg (maybe) which was about VD65,000 at the time I bought it at the famous Ben Tanh market. It cost more since most shops were closed during the Vienamese New Year and they didn't budge when I asked for a reduction. It was suppose to be about VD40,000. But I had no choice, then.
My daughter brought these home for me from Bosnia. It was recommended by her Bosnian colleague but since she don't drink coffee, she didn't ask much about it. I searched the internet and it is 'Bosanska Kafa', the traditional Bosnian coffee.  She also didn't know whether to brew it or make it straight in a cup. Thanks to her Indonesian friend in Bosnia, Retno, who provided her a link on youtube and I finally made it using the Bosnian coffee maker below(the one with the handle) which she bought for me. 
Brass products are the specialties of the Bosnian people.

Product of Bali which is RM100/kg. Recently found after I have forgotten where I kept it. I began to have interest in acquiring a packet or two to bring back home when I travel, during my trip to Bali. Not trying to show off because many of you 'dah puas minum macam-macam kopi. Kopi London, kopi Paris, Venice, Brazil, kan kak Zah? haha
Going into one Kebun Kopi in Bali on our way to Mount Batur area. I can't remember the name, however. Reminds me to blog as soon as I get home from travelling. My children don't remember this kind of detail. Haha..my eldest daughter objected.


Coffee Berries

Ripe berries

Biji kopi luwak yang baru dikeluarkan. Hukumnya mutanajjis. Kena dibersihkan untuk hilangkan najis.

Musang luwak yang makan kulit luar buah kopi yang cukup masak. It sleeps during the day.

Jenis-jenis kopi: sebelum dan sesudah digoreng.

Biji kopi sedang digoreng.
  Roasted coffee

 Traditional way of grounding the coffee

Other drink products like ginger tea, lemongrass tea, Bali cocoa and hibiscus tea.

The cup of Kopi luwak. So pekat. Kopi luwak is expensive as it is hard to find. Only a few hundred kilograms are produced annually, according to a source.

The place where they planted the coffee trees. At night, the musang luwak will roam the area for food, the coffee berries. Many kinds of spice plants are grown here. The trees at the background are pokok cendana.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kerja Kursus Geografi Tingkatan 3 2013: Konsep,Jenis, Kepentingan, Masalah & Cadangan kurangkan masalah Pengangkutan Awam

KKG 2012: Lampiran dan Rujukan