Balik kampung

Last tuesday evening, we went back to Tumpat. We reached my MIL's house at 2 something in the morning of the next day. We thought it would be a short journey considering we went back in the mid of the school holidays. Unfortunately, not so. Three accidents involving big lorries produced km long crawls along the only K.Lipis-Gua Musang-Kota Bharu route. Actually, the accidents didn't involve other vehicles. Just the lorries. Two turned turtle but I don't know about the third one since this info was given by another commuter who just came from the opposite direction.

Sigh. Lorry drivers, be careful la.

I am wondering whether they will build another route bypassing the populated areas. They should.

The days passed by very quickly and we spent them going to Kota Bharu and Pengkalan Kubor and did some shopping. You know guys, Kelantan is a shopper's paradise for batiks (a geography lesson).

Thursday evening saw us starting slowly on our journey back to KL. We forgot that it was rush time for the people working in the city. Three hours from KB to Gua Musang. Luckily, no accident happened in our direction but there was one from the other way. Guess, what is it? Mr. Lorry. Haih.

On the way from Tumpat to Kota Bharu I saw houses replacing the paddy field. I lamented to my husband about this. Who's going to feed us rice in the future? Of course, the one I cook and eat comes from Thailand but what will happen in the future if Thailand doesn't have extra rice to sell to us?

Sayangnya...I don't know till when can I teach my students that Kelantan is one of the major paddy area in our country (another geog lesson). The other states are Kedah, Perak and Selangor. Also Perlis. I searched for Tumpat paddy pics from my computer album but I found NONE! It can't be. It means that I have taken for granted that those paddy fields that have fed my eyes with scenic landscape for more that 20 years would be there forever. Sigh.

Anyway, we reached home at 2 something on friday morning. My husband is really a consistent driver. And a very reliable one since we got married. Alhamdulillah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kerja Kursus Geografi Tingkatan 3 2013: Konsep,Jenis, Kepentingan, Masalah & Cadangan kurangkan masalah Pengangkutan Awam

KKG 2012: Lampiran dan Rujukan